Sunday 5 July 2015

Tin of Cards #2

Following on from yesterdays post.... here are the 2nd batch of cards from the tin! The Kraft series...

I have to admit that these were the hardest for me to create in the first place... something just wasn't gelling... but I kept leaving them aside ... and strangely they are now my favourite set of the 4.... isn't a creative life just strange!

So this first one  - as a Sympathy card - is pretty much how SU! intended...
Just my amends of squiggle border stamping  to the right and left of the aperture rather than at the top and bottom of the card, extra wording to the bottom and less/plainer smaller butterfly - his body is just a pushed out scrap from the big yellow butterfly!
And a detail to point out - as SU! design but easy to miss... 

I love that the large plain butterfly has wording stamped all over it - don't ink up in between stampings and you get 2-3 different colours too. I will use this technique again for my die cut butterflies from my Bold Butterfly & Butterflies dies .... Really effective...

This second one is just 2 of the large die cut yellow butterflies stuck together - with the white side one placed on top. The glittery body is just hand cut from the scraps of the 4 glitter hearts - I just used the body of the big butterfly as a template...
And the third one is my fave.... yes I used a couple of extra stamp sets & ink pads...Flowering Flourishes and Amazing Birthday that I forgot to mention yesterday (better go back and edit that post!) ... but hey!
The white card is from the kit in the tin.... it is the back of the striped Bermuda Bay card blank... as I had already chopped that card blank up! As will become clearer in a few days time...
 And last but not least... my Baby card... this was a clear favourite too...
Extras of Something for Baby stamps and Baby's First Framelits used here... I just die cut the bootees and the bibs from the multi coloured paper in the kit...
Remember to contact me soon if you are local and would like to come and make your own Tin of Cards in August... Just £25 for 4 hours of easy makes & lots of chatting! Suitable for beginners & experienced too... 

Not only will you go away with 14 cards - but a gorgeous storage tin for your cards with index tabs as well.

Not local... well this is a great kit from me to provide you with direct... Just £40 delivered for the Tin and the Tin of cards stamp set. Want to add the A Dozen Thoughts stamp set that I have used on many of the cards? Not a problem... add £17 for clear-mount or £22 for wood mount.




2 comments:

Smiles, Laurie said...

These are fabulous! thanks for the great ideas!

Amanda said...

Thank you Laurie.... Hope you enjoy your Tin of Cards!