Wednesday 23 September 2015

Hearth & Home - iPad -Technology Series Part 2

Following on with my mini series of some technology based Fancy Fold Cards for the men and teens in our life - using the fantastic Hearth & Home window dies...
This is the card that started me off! IPad time....
On its docking station with speakers!

Edited to add: I had a bit of a first with these technology cards...  as I posted this card... I happened upon a timely challenge on a Technology theme... and so I entered them in a Challenge over at Less is More... I have always had entering Challenges on my bucket list... and now I have started! May it long continue...

This is a variant of my Centre Step Easel Card. Just sized slightly differently...but more of that on another day... Tutorial for this version now added here...
The iPad is just a snipitty snipped Smoky Slate die cut window frame - with a Basic Black back - mounted on a Thick Whisper White small rectangular die cut Project Life card. Handheld punched 1/4" & 1/8"white circles for the button ( Smoky Slate ink around the smaller) and 1/16" black circles for the camera.

And the apple motif... loving this! Punched apple using the Tree Builder  Punch... then re-punched out using a 1/8" Circle Hand Punch... but be warned ...this bit is trickier than it looks! Think I had 5 attempts to punch in the right place...

The keyboard is just a trimmed die cut planter - also from the Hearth & Home die set... again the white embossed wording being from the Bravo stamp set

And the speakers... whilst I lamented the lack of my trusty Square Lattice embossing folder for the job of adding the texture... I had a brain wave... and the Softly Falling embossing folder came to my rescue! Who would have thought!
And as  final inspiration for an iPad... here is the first one I made using the Hearth & Home window die... 

Smaller but still perfectly formed ( though a bad photo!). The outer white frame being a snipped white window - corner rounded to finish it off...

I just need to find "the window!" (of time that is... ) to be able to make and pop it on a card I have in mind.... though that may be a little while now... so hopefully I will have  Part 3 of my Technology series later!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

9 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Hey! I think you are rocking this one! Another clever, classy and right on trend interpretation of technology. Brilliant teen card and thanks again for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Amanda said...

Thank you Sarah... What a lovely comment for my first ever challenge entry!

Linby said...

wow! what a great take on the challenge and your earlier post is also very clever too.
Linby x

Anne said...

What a very clever and stylish creation! Such a great take on the challenge.
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"less is More"

Chrissie said...

This is a terrific piece of construction and a really fab CAS creation!
It's sure to delight the recipient!
Welcome to "Less is More" and the world of challenges!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Amanda said...

Thank you so much Chrissie... I think the challenge world could be very interesting!

Amanda said...

Thank you Anne...delighted to join in...perfect timing!

Amanda said...

Thank you for your lovely comments Linby

Neets B said...

So great to have you joining us at Less is More, Amanda! And I can see so much work went into this, particularly getting your apple chunk right! Awesome creation for our technology challenge.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More