Sunday 3 January 2016

Before you recycle your Christmas cards! Determine your Style!?

Something a bit different today... but hopefully something that will be interesting (about me)... and thought provoking (for you)...

And for those of you that are not sure... maybe a way to define your crafting style(s)!? So I am throwing down a New Year challenge here for you...

So today was the day for clearing away my christmas decorations...and making my house look really bare...!  And then all the christmas cards we were sent were taken down...

And then I had a thought as I carried them to the recycling bin!

I sorted through them... allowing myself to pick just 12ish that I most liked... and here they are....
So what do these tell me about my crafting style... and there probably won't be any surprises here for my long term blog followers... I think these kind of some me up!

I like lots of white space!

I like a clean & simple style!

I like large square cards!

I like things to be fairly monotone - silver/gold/black with maybe a splash of red!

I like lots of glitter & shine on christmas cards!
I like trees!
I like wreaths!
I like houses & churches!
I like big words!
I like snowflakes and baubles!
Just one thing of my crafting style that isn't evident... no fancy folds!! But that is only as I wasn't sent any!

Though I have to admit that I purposely didn't select from my hand made cards... as that is just too hard... because (1) I would always select them to be in my Top 12 cards as they are always the best cards I receive! (2) I so appreciate the work that has gone into them so it would be impossible not to select them (3) Many are made with the sender knowing what I like in any case! (4) Many are from my blog followers!

Now I found this so fascinating that I allowed my self to choose another 12ish that hadn't made the original cut... and I learnt more....
I really like trees!! As long as they are covered in glitter!
I rather like cute Rudolphs! And reindeer in general! Even the stocking is covered in reindeer...
I rather like nordic/kraft & red
So I can hear you asking if there were any surprises!? I think the liking of the wreaths so much and the reindeer was probably the biggest surprise for me.... and that I didn't receive any cards with doors or windows on!!!

So hows about you??? What is your style...?? I would love to hear back from anyone that conducts this experiment for themselves.... or am I just too daft!!!


No comments: