Sunday 5 June 2016

Tutorial for Small Square Pop Up Z Fold Card

I had so many messages and comments asking me how to make the smaller version of the Square Double/Pop Up Z Fold card  I posted yesterday with my collection of Bears playing new In Colour Dress Up... that I thought I had better post the Tutorial straightaway....
But if you are looking for the Large Square Double/Pop Up Z Fold Card...then go here for the Tutorial... 
I love that these cards are so quick and easy to do... definitely a staple card in my card making arsenal... and I get to make 2 at a time... 

Edited to Add:- If you only want to make one at a time ... then start off with a 13 x 21cm piece of card instead of the full A4... or 8 1/2" x 5 1/4" US instead of the full 8 1/2 x 11". Scores the same... cut the first section 10.5cm or 4 1/4". Done!

So for those of you using A4 card first... followed by the US standard 8 1/2" x 11" card in blue text afterwards...

1. Grab a piece of A4 card
2. PORTRAIT. Score at 5.25cm & 10.5cm.

3. LANDSCAPE. Cut one card blank off at at 10.5cm, then push your piece of card along the Top Bar and cut another at 10.5 cm again

4. Still LANDSCAPE. Cut 2 sections at 2.5cm  (and you will have another 2.5cm left for another card too)
And a Quick Top Tip for you that don't know it... it is much easier to line up and cut those narrow 2.5cm strips on the right hand side of your trimmer... 
5. Add 10 cm Square papers to the back section 

6. Concertina fold your card and strip (stamp that right hand side of the strip first mind!)
7. Adhere right hand side of the floating strip to the back right hand side 
8. Adhere left hand side of the floating strip to the front left of the card (TIP - think about where you do not want your glue!!! I found that there was a feint line produced from the bone folding so easy to spot the half way point to not go over with the glue!)

9. Adhere Card (or Paper etc) 4.75cm wide x 10cm high to the front Left Hand side



And for those of you using 8 1/2" x 11" card... (note the photos are using A4card/centimetres!) 


1. Grab a piece of 8 1/2 x 11" card

2. PORTRAIT. Score at 2 1/8" & 4 1/4" 

3. LANDSCAPE. Cut one card blank off at at 4 1/4", then push your piece of card along the Top Bar and cut another off at 4 1/4" again

4. Still LANDSCAPE. Cut 2 sections at 1"  (and you will just have a 1/2" strip leftover - rather than the extra arm plus a bit with the A4 card pictured...)
And a Quick Top Tip for you that don't know it... it is much easier to line up and cut those narrow 1" strips on the right hand side of your trimmer... 
5. Add 4" Square papers to the back section 

6. Concertina fold your card and strip(stamp that right hand side of the strip first mind!)
7. Adhere right hand side of the floating strip to the back right hand side 
8. Adhere left hand side of the floating strip to the front left of the card (TIP - think about where you do not want your glue!!! I found that there was a feint line produced from the bone folding so easy to spot the half way point to not go over with the glue!)

9. Adhere Card (or Paper etc) 1 7/8" wide x 4" high to the front Left Hand side

Right I am off to make a load of these as Thank You cards going out with the next orders.... 

7 comments:

DeeDee7770 said...

I love these cards! I just ordered the stamp and new colours paper, ink pads and ribbon. I'm not counting the days for delivery, I'm counting the hours! I fell in love with this bear and ordered the first day possible. I'm in Canada but I'm a big fan of your work and fallow your blog every day. Your cards are beautiful!

Amanda said...

Aw thanks do much DeeDee... Thank you so much for visiting every day...makes the creative circle so worthwhile! Hope the hours of waiting are over for you very soon! He is worth waiting for!! Enjoy!

Scrapcomber said...

This seems to be my staple go to card design ATM, really simple to achieve with so many possibilities, baby bear arrives tomorrow too.

Amanda said...

Enjoy Baby Bear when he arrives! And yes it is my go to card concept at present too... Though I have been tweaking it a bit further today!

Unknown said...

do you cut the strip so that it doesn't come over the whole card?

Amanda said...

I didn't on this card. I stuck the strip down and then covered the left hand side with the card panel...so if you look closely you can see the strip to the Left of the panel....

However I now trim off about 6mm (1/4") so that I can't see that little bit to the left...neater but still as strong ... Though harder to line up!

Unknown said...

thank you