Tuesday 13 September 2016

Seasonal Bells Part 3 - Not for Christmas again...

Now you may be noticing a bit of a theme with my copper foil Seasonal Bells creations!
Same layout... ever decreasing mats... Well this is why! One for the more frugal crafters....
Cut a Copper Foil mat... mine is 13.8 x 9.5cm which was for my Pine Boughs embossed card shared here.... 

And carefully "gut it"... ie cut a 1cm wide frame within it ... That becomes the second mat... Repeat and get the third mat. Size your white panels to fit...and there you have it 3 card mats from one piece of the stunning copper foil. 

Or in longer speak... just for the first "gutting"...

(1) Line up your foil mat at 1cm on the Top Bar of your trimmer... say PORTRAIT first...
(2) Cut from 1cm to 12.8cm (ie 1 cm from the bottom)
(3) Turn 90 degrees so now LANDSCAPE. Cut from 1cm to 8.5cm (ie 1 cm from the bottom)
(4) Turn 90 degrees so PORTRAIT again. Cut from 1cm to 12.8cm
(5) Turn 90 degrees so LANDSCAPE again. Cut from 1 cm to 8.5 cm

Added All God's Grace stamp set to the mix here for the Christening card... 

And amazingly... the 3rd and smallest mat was also the perfect size for our notecards! Ignore the fact that this mat is Cherry Cobbler... I just forgot to take a photo of the notecard with the foil mat!

2 comments:

Josee Smuck said...

Love all these cards using Seasonal Bells! I would love to share this on my blog for 'My Crafty Friends Monday' (a round up of amazing cards from amazing stampers!)! Please let me know if you would prefer that I didn't share it (of course I give you credit and link back to your blog!).

Amanda said...

Thanks and no oroblem Josee...