Sunday 12 March 2017

Watercolor Pencils #3 - Mediterranean Moments Cafe Scene...

The Watercolor Pencils and Mediterranean Moments are a match made in heaven for me! Along with the Watercolor Paper and the Aquapainters this time...

Can't say I am renowned for my watercolouring skills - but even I can make a half-decent job using these pencils..!!  And more importantly for me... really enjoy it too!!

And I will admit.. I love love love this little scene... but there again I have spent so much of my time on holidays in France over the years... it would be very hard for me to not love this set!
Things to spot here.... terms all made up by me... though there are probably some official watercolouring jargon terms for them too...

(1) Light, Medium and Dark Colouring/Shading... extra light touch for walls (Early Espresso) and pavement (Basic Gray)... medium touch for tablecloth and harder touch for seat cushions (both in Bermuda Bay)

(2) Spot Colouring... spot the geraniums in the planter under the window... just little spots of colour drawn direct with a hard touch of the Real Red pencil over the previously watercoloured (Old Olive) greenery... and no water add to those spots...

(3) Gel Pen Highlighting - impossible to see on the photos... but I added highlights to the chairs, windows and table legs using my (retired but never far away from me!) Signo gel pen... (though I do have a few gel pens left in stock....)

(4) Sale A Bration promotional Designer Tee stamp set greeting used... just the right size and font! (Yours for free with a £45 order until 31st March) Can't believe how much I have used this set... without a T-shirt in sight so far...
Image result for designer tee stampin up
Remember that I am still running the Watercolor Pencil Class if you missed last weeks'... just email me to book in...

2 comments:

Karen Watts said...

Ah ha, our great minds. k x

Amanda said...

Lol Karen! Told you it was a SNAP moment!