Saturday 1 July 2017

You are my Sunshine Blog Hop

Gosh these months roll round so quickly... so it is time again for the Jems Monthly Blog Hop... with a theme of " You are my Sunshine"...
Oh gosh this theme made me really have to think! But soon... lots of completely different ideas came... and this is the one I chose to create!

So Sunshine... meaning summer... meaning hot... meaning ice cream! And it just had to be an ice cream stand!!

And then of course my Bench Fold Card immediately spring to mind... but with a twist! Roof Fold anyone???
Click HERE to go and order the tutorial (s)... though please note there isn't a specific Ice Cream/Roof Fold one...

But before I start with some details... thanks to Sarah Jane Rae for redesigning our lovely fresh new Blog Hop icon...almost a perfect match to my project! And would have been even more so if I had the time to add the banner I had planned!!! But it is time for the Students & Parents Leavers Ball tonight... so the hair will have to be done properly!

Love how this all came together... but some details to point out...
The new Pinewood Planks Dynamic embossing folder made easy work of my wood plank base... I embossed a long white section then cut out Pool Party planks and stuck them on the top.... just making sure to cover the joining double embossed white plank with a pool party one to cover the seam!

Ice creams simply made using the Cool Treats stamps and matching Frozen Treats dies... with sprinkles on top! These are stuck on a panel of acetate so that they look like ice cream cones in a stand as well as popping forward from the back panel for even more dimension...
Greetings all from the Cool Treats stamp set too... love the embossed ones on the blackboards!

And last but not least...the front canopy is made by punching Pool Party, Powder Pink, Whisper White & Berry Burst card using the Classic Label punch and sticking them on a long white strip with an overhang for the front and then just a trim all along the length for the back... easy to do that way...
Original Bench Fold Card Tutorial details here ... albeit without the roof... that will be found in Series Three I think...which I am working on for the end of July... 

And yes it does fold flat... in either of 2 ways depending on your envelope stock... though I think most recipients would find it difficult to work out how to re-assemble... so it would be a card for you to be there whilst opening!!

Very large square envelope required... the easier way to fold and the recipient may be able to work it out!
A5 envelope required... but maybe not fathomable for the recipient!!
And now it is time to pass you onto the lovely Anne... who has made lots of fabulous things to share with you... 


7 comments:

karyn said...

WOW Amanda fantastic make just stunning x

Uma said...

Amazing, I love that canopy. Such a lovely 3D design and so clever that it folds flat x

Samantha Carlton said...

AMAZING as always Amanda... love it xx

Julie said...

Yet another fantastic Amanda creation ! x

cardsandacuppa said...

Another "Amanda Amazing"! Love it, you are so clever xxx

Anne said...

Brilliant as always. I need to purchase your tutorial, not got round to it yet - other issues to deal with. But I will have to case this one for my D.I.L. in Sept - she has a vintage ice cream van - a perfect card for her! :-) x

Sarah Lindsay said...

This card is fantastic, and I love that you can have two different folds for it depending upon the size of the envelope!