Thursday 10 August 2017

Sponged and Brayered Lovely as an Oak Tree #2

I love this card too! Similar to yesterday's... but different! Again using Lovely as a Tree... again one layer, again simple but effective... Perfect for the men in our lives... and/or for sympathy... or any other wish you need to send...

I used the same mask as in yesterday's card but this time I was inspired by this card made by Heather Telford back in 2011 shown here... which has also probably been on my Pinterest CASE board pretty much since Pinterest began... yes I was an early adopter!
Soft Sky brayered across the whole aperture in the mask... then other colours sponged on starting from about a quarter in from the right hand side... Pool Party... then Island Indigo...  finishing off with Dapper Denim... creates incredible texture... Though I would have used my favourite Tranquil Tide at the very end too if I had had a spare ink pad for use on another station in my class!

Then with the mask removed... the oak tree was stamped in Archival Black.... and coloured in with Wild Wasabi and Soft Suede marker pens
But one thing I would do differently another time.. and that would be to stamp and white emboss the greeting at the top left side through the aperture before I started all the colouring... that would make it all pop so much more!

See yesterday's post for the details on creating the mask...
And so I have just shared a couple of makes using the oldest set in Europe... but behind the scenes I am using the newest sets... yes my Christmas pre-order box has arrived... exciting creative days ahead!!

Stampin Up Products Used
Lovely as a Tree
Flourishing Phrases
Window Sheets
Inks - Soft SkyPool Party, Island Indigo, Dapper Denim
Markers - Soft Suede, Wild Wasabi (markers also available in colour families)
Sponge Brayer, Stampin Sponges

No comments: